HOW TO VOLUNTEER
Tulsa County’s Abused and
There are so many ways you can volunteer for Tulsa Lawyers for Children. TLC has opportunities for volunteer lawyers, law students, and non-attorney volunteers.
- Learn more about the expectations of volunteer attorneys here.
- TLC requires new volunteer attorneys participate in basic training consisting of 3 hours CLE (including 1 hour of ethics), available on a quarterly basis.
- TLC also provides regular lunch and learn trainings on various topics related to representation of children.
- TLC highly recommends every volunteer participate in the QIC-ChildRep training provided on an annual basis.
- Registration for our trainings is available on our events page.
For University of Tulsa College of Law Students
- Law Students are invited to attend all training events and social activities. These are great opportunities to network with like-minded individuals.
- Law Students may have an opportunity to assist volunteer and staff attorneys with research for court hearings, including appellate work.
- Externships are available through the Professional Development Office, allowing you to earn credits while you serve.
- From time to time, there are opportunities to join TLC as an Legal Licensed Intern (LLI), supervised by an attorney experienced in this niche field of law.